Determined. Imaginative. Curious. If these are some of the ways you describe yourself — we want to learn more about you! At TC Energy, we are Energy Problem Solvers — passionate about transitioning North America to cleaner energy while meeting the energy demands of today and tomorrow. If that sounds like a challenge you want to help tackle, we want you to join our team!
Posting Close Date: until a suitable candidate is hired
Our Liquids Field Operations team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in St. Joseph, MO.
We are seeking a skilled Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Technician who has knowledge, experience and EI&C skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot, and perform other planned maintenance and corrective tasks on assigned electronic, electrical, pneumatic and/or mechanical control systems, devices, and ancillary equipment. This role will operate and maintain oil pump station, pipeline, and auxiliary equipment such as variable frequency electrical drives, soft start equipment, PLCs, electrical generators, air compressors, pumps, valves, filters, etc. in a manner to meet operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
Relocation Eligibility: This role is eligible for domestic relocation within the United States.
The reporting location may be negotiable but must be within the team’s area of responsibility: St. Joseph MO, Cameron MO, Chillicothe, MO, Carrollton, MO and Troy, KS.
What you’ll do
– Perform installation, testing, repair and maintenance on oil storage facilities, pipelines, and oil pump stations as well as other associated equipment used in oil transmission systems
– Troubleshoot equipment problems utilizing technical reference manuals and documents
– Perform technical analysis to prepare recommendations for future action
– Provide multi-skilled maintenance support with other technicians in the completion of pipeline and mechanical activities
– Provide coaching, mentoring and training to other personnel
– Manage and co-ordinate usage of third-party contractors
– Other related duties as assigned
– Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED.
– Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls, or Telecommunications technical training, apprenticeship program, or equivalent education or experience.
– The successful candidate may be required to complete pre-employment medical and drug testing.
– Depending upon the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
– Consistent with our employment practices, TC Energy reserves the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions
– Demonstrated effective written & verbal communication skills
– Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment that includes shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others, support team and company objectives, and a willingness to work in all areas required by the team
– Must have the ability to complete tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste
– Utilize computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering, and filing of various forms
– Previous oil / liquid expertise and experience will be considered a strong asset
– Previous crude oil tank terminal experience will be considered a strong asset
This position requires candidates to:
– Subject to call out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and extended workdays and/or workweeks including overnights stays away from home location.
– Will be required to carry a cell phone, to work a rotating on-call schedule, and is subject to 24-hr/day callout at any time for emergency response
– Have and maintain a valid driver’s license;
– Provide a driver’s abstract for review;
– Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing;
– Subject to Random Drug Testing
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.