Before/After Childcare-School AgeJuly 7, 2021
YMCA of St Joseph MO
Title of Position:
SCHOOL AGE CHILDCARE (SACC)
YMCA Student Enrichment Program Sites
St. Joseph, Missouri (SJSD Elementary Schools)
Under the general direction of the Youth Development Director. The incumbent supervises and directs a school-age child care program in accordance with the YMCA goals, curriculum, and principles of developmentally appropriate practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Ensure the individual needs of the children are met with dignity and respect.
2. Ensures that all safety procedures and child abuse prevention protocols are followed according to YMCA policies and procedures.
3. Model, practice and carry out the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, and faith.
4. Maintain positive relationships with many diverse people, including teachers, parents, volunteers, parent’s advisory committee, SJSD and state licensing regulators.
1. Must have high school diploma or GED.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must have strong communication, organization and detail skills.
3. Must have the ability to relate to children, parents and other staff members and volunteers.
4. Must pass CPR/First Aid Certification.
5. Must complete the YMCA required trainings.
6. Must pass a medical examination including TB test within 30 days of employments as required by the DHSS.
7. Must attend monthly trainings. (12 hours required per year.)
8. Must follow YMCA of St Joseph MO Dress Code.
Equal opportunity Employer-the YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Must Pass Criminal History Background Check
Salary: Commensurate with education, experience, knowledge and skills.
Link to Application:
Name of Contact:
Email Address of Contact: