Computer Desktop TechnicianOctober 12, 2020
TS Conard, Inc. Technology Solutions
Title of Position:
Computer Desktop Technician
We are actively hiring for a Computer Desktop Technician to join our operations team.
The Desktop Technician’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance as required.
Formal Education &Certification
• College/Tech School diploma or university degree in the field of computer information systems and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
• Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCSA Solutions Associate
• Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Working technical knowledge of current protocols and operating systems, including. TCP/IP, Windows OS,
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• On-call availability.
• Sitting for extended periods.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
To apply, please send your résumé, a cover letter detailing why you think you’d be a great fit to join our team, and a copy of any certifications/degrees in a computer field to email@example.com. You may also call our office for more information at 816-233-3777.
Name of Contact:
Email Address of Contact: