Educator WRDCCMay 24, 2021
Missouri Department of Corrections
Title of Position:
Educator (Academic Teacher I-II-III) – Department of Corrections
Why you’ll love this position:
A position in the Missouri Department of Corrections is more than a job. It's a calling. Corrections employees transform lives, equipping Missourians in the criminal justice system with the skills they need to contribute to their communities, inside and outside our walls. More than 95 percent of people who enter the prison system ultimately are released. We want to make sure they’re good neighbors.
We offer great benefits!
Missouri State Employee Retirement System / Deferred compensation plan / Health insurance (medical, vision, dental for employees and family) / Paid life insurance / Long-term disability insurance / Cafeteria plan / Paid holidays / 10 hours annual leave per month / 10 hours sick leave per month / Uniforms provided when required / Pre-service and in-service training / Access to credit union / Direct deposit of paycheck (required) / Employee health, wellness and safety initiatives / MOST 529 College Savings Program
What you’ll do:
· Teach subject matter to adult offenders appropriate to educational background and certification by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
· Adhere to the state-approved course of study while using ingenuity and flexibility to adapt to fit the needs/abilities/conditions of pupils
· Plans/outlines classwork within prescribed limits; prepares materials for special study
· As part of the teaching team: develops/implements/evaluates plans; supervises Education Assistants; participates in teacher conferences/meetings/educational research projects; maintains scholastic/attendance records; orders supplies
· Confers with students regarding needs/progress/abilities and provides instruction and encouragement as needed
· Receives general supervision from Education Supervisor or designated administrator.
· Performs other related work as assigned.
· All you need for success:
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Education. English, Math, Science or Social Studies.
· Must possess, or be able to obtain, a Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education teaching certificate at the time of employment.
All requested documents MUST be received by the closing date listed.
The Missouri Department of Corrections is proud to have a tradition of promotion from within for employees looking for and seeking distinctive career paths. As you work for the department, we invite you to consider your goals and make choices to actively head toward them. We seek to recognize employees who serve with distinction.
Link to Application:
Name of Contact:
Email Address of Contact:
Job Posting Expires: