Grain OperatorMarch 31, 2021
Title of Position:
Responsible for safely and efficiently loading and unloading raw materials (DDG, wet cake, syrup, corn oil, chemicals) in and out. Responsible for grain bin cleaning, inventory maintenance, and general grounds upkeep.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. Learn and operate the computer DCS system for co-product loading. Learn to operate the conveyors and equipment associated with filling and emptying DDGS bins as well as all loading equipment using good “first in first out” techniques and follow all plant SOP’s.
2. Build positive relationships with customers and strive to provide timely service.
3. Learn and understand product quality, communicate variations, Have enough plant operations understanding to know any plant upsets influence on co-products quality.
4. Follow procedures for all aspects of the company safety program, including the Confined Space Entry and Lock-Out Tag-Out programs. Complete the routine required sanitation checklist items associated with the DDGS loading building.
5. Maintain daily update of cleaning and preventative maintenance checklists, and routine duties calendar.
6. Interface with plant personnel to ensure adequate DDG movement and storage capacities are maintained.
7. Good communications skills are required, receiving and understanding communications from LLF Security, plant operations leads, maintenance department and the accounting department.
8. Collaborate with maintenance department to facilitate maintenance and repair of Grain and DDGS equipment. Must learn how to enter and receive work orders in the plant CMMS.
9. Assist in maintaining the security and general upkeep of the plant and grounds.
10. Responsible for production of safe food and adherence to internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
Associate degree or technical degree/certification preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred
Experience in the operation of a grain receiving facility preferred
Link to Application:
Name of Contact:
Email Address of Contact:
Job Posting Expires: