Sports Program CoordinatorOctober 8, 2021
Special Olympics Missouri
Title of Position:
Responsible for quality Special Olympics (SOMO) sports training programs and athletic competitions available to all eligible individuals in the North Area. This position will also support KC Metro programming. Candidate will possess skills and experience in supervising volunteers and engaging the community to provide services for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
• Plan and implement all Area competitions, which include offering all levels of competition working with the respective volunteer planning committee.
• Ensure all activities conform to SOI General Rules/SOMO Policies.
• Work in cooperation with SOMO Sports Department to ensure that the appropriate numbers of training schools for the Area’s needs are provided.
• Manage and maintain appropriate paperwork and database in relationship to area athletes.
• Recruit and retain athletes through public awareness.
• Represent or send a responsible representative to state competition where Area athletes are participating.
• Coordinate volunteer acquisition, day of training and management for all program events to include managing appropriate paperwork as outlined in the Volunteer Policy.
• Maintain the Area calendar of events and web presence to include details of sports/volunteer opportunities and maintain online volunteer registration system.
• Coordinate Outreach efforts through Global Messengers and athlete appearances in the community.
• Coordinate Young Athlete Program.
• Develop, manage and meet annual budget.
• Provide leadership, assistance, guidance and support to staff and volunteers sufficient to inspire and motivate those individuals to achieve success and strive for excellence in their Special Olympics Missouri activities.
• Ensure assigned annual plan objectives are attained.
• Ensure on-going demonstration of SOMO Guiding Values and related behaviors.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Link to Application:
Name of Contact:
Mary Lou Hammann
Email Address of Contact: