Taylor, Thompson & Hausman, LLC is looking for an Office Manager. This role will provide general administrative support for the CPA firm.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Answer, screen, and direct client inquiries received by mail, phone, or in person.
• General administrative support such as filing, photocopying, ordering supplies, and management support as required.
• Assemble completed tax returns.
• Process payroll for clients, calculate pay according to hours, prepare and submit payroll filings as needed; weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
• Assist with preparation of client billing and collections.
• Update and maintain tax database workflow through Practice / Firm management system.
• Assist with request for new client set ups and updating client information.
• Contact clients.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain client data with integrity and professionalism, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
• Ability to greet and professionally interact with clients and receive hand-delivered tax documents in office.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) and Adobe, adept at learning new technology (tax software and firm management software).
• Flexibility to work additional hours during peak tax season.
• Familiarity with tax forms, filings, and payroll services, a plus.
Full-time – In office (not a remote or hybrid office position)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and document scanners.
Must have valid work authorization for employment in the United States
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma
• Proven ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
• Ability to handle administrative responsibilities with direct supervision.
• 3+ years of experience in administrative support work, office practices, and administrative procedures.
Preferred Education and Experience
• 3 + years of experience in tax preparation or payroll or accounting/finance; public accounting/professional services experience is preferred.
At Taylor, Thompson and Hausman, LLC, we are dedicated to building a diverse team, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.