• Implementing an accurate and efficient pelleting process.
• Recording amounts, production times, bin location, bin check, pellet mill settings and temp for all pelleting batches.
• Daily operation of the pellet bagger to process and manufacture feed products according to SOP.
• Operate all manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently.
• Perform necessary recording and documentation of all pellets manufactured during shift.
• Operates forklift equipment and ensures safety regulations are followed.
• Shrink wrap products to pallets when necessary.
• Gathering and stacking pellet bags in proper patterns for shipments; inspecting each bag to meet company’s strict quality standards.
• Sweep and vacuum all areas daily.
• Dispose of trash twice a day.
• Clean up all product spills immediately and dispose.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area by keeping tools and equipment in proper places and all materials off the floor of the area.
• Follow all standard operating procedures as well as requirements set by HACCP and FAMI-QS.
• Notify the Senior Manager of Production of any mechanical or material issues.
• Using the systems as defined to log information.
• Consistent monitoring for pests.
• Monitoring for any off-spec material.
• Perform other tasks and assignments on request.
• Required Education – High school diploma or GED
• Required Experience:
o At least 2 years of experience in the manufacturing of premixes in an industrial/manufacturing environment
o Experience managing projects
o Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
• Physically able to lift and move 50lbs. on a regular reoccurring basis.
• Willing and able to work off hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
• Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs).
• Ability to pass a written and driving exam to prove capability of safely operating a forklift.
• Competencies (Preferred):
o Problem Solving Skills, Strong Communication Skills, Planning & Organizational Skills
• Required Skills
o Positive attitude and unquestionable ethics.
o Excellent personal motivation.
o Attention to detail and accuracy while multitasking as necessary.
o Strong organizational skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills
o Capable of original thought