Physical Therapist – Approximately 20 hours/week
Department of Mental Health at NMPRC St. Joseph, MO
Scheduled Hours – 8:00am – 4:30pm Rate of Pay – $50.00/hour
Why you’ll love this position:
NMPRC is a psychiatric rehabilitation hospital where we make a difference in the lives of Missourians with mental health challenges. Our vision here at NMPRC is to transform lives with hope, recovery, rehabilitation and support through the safe delivery of treatment to our patients.
Northwest Missouri Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center is looking for an experienced Physical Therapist to join our patient care team and provide therapy and rehabilitations services to patients in an inpatient psychiatric hospital setting. The ideal candidate is a compassionate healer who is passionate about their patients and committed to helping them recover and maintain their independence and mobility. We’re looking for someone with experience working with a wide range of patient injuries. The person hired for the Physical Therapist position will provide care within the facility to create a plan of treatment consisting of appropriate exercises, procedures and techniques required to promote effective, safe recovery. They will be responsible for coordinating with any healthcare professionals that are working with their patients and referring patients to specialists when appropriate. The right candidate is a patient, compassionate professional who works well with an interdisciplinary team and who encourages and inspires their patients to work toward greater independence and recovery.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of the ethical considerations involved in the practice of Physical Therapists. Knowledge of methods, principles, practices, client-centered advocacy, community, organization, research, and other clinical skills as they apply to Physical Therapy programs for persons with mental illness and/or developmental or physical disabilities. Able to work autonomously as well as within an interdisciplinary team to apply a variety of techniques and methods in the areas of assessment, planning, and treatment of the patient.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Possession of a current license to practice as a Licensed Physical Therapist in the State of Missouri. We are looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience and has the following:
• BS or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from a physical therapy program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
• Current Physical Therapy license for the State of Missouri.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (with AED).
• Compassion and empathy for a psychiatric inpatient population
• Physical stamina to lift patients with assistance and spending time to stand and model exercises
• Communication skills to interact clearly with clinical staff and patients
• Perform initial and ongoing physical therapy evaluations according to APTA standards of practice as well as state standards.
• Implement Plan of Treatment on a consistent schedule and adjust this schedule and plan according to patient progress and needs
• Evaluate mobility, strength and current level of patient function, while setting goals to improve in the areas that are scaled to patient abilities and realistically attainable.
• Maintain professional and updated technical knowledge of physical therapy assessments and techniques
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com , apply online at www.mocareers.mo.gov or in-person at 3505 Frederick Ave. St. Joseph, MO 64506