Registered Nurse – Department of Mental Health at NMPRC
Base Semi-Monthly Salary Range: $3,497.47
St. Joseph, MO Department of Mental Health
Why you'll love this position:
NMPRC is a psychiatric rehabilitation hospital where we make a difference in the lives of Missourians with mental health challenges. Our vision here at NMPRC is to transform lives with hope, recovery, rehabilitation and support through the safe delivery of treatment to our patients.
We offer great benefits:
Retirement, Deferred Compensation, Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision, for self and family), Paid life insurance, long term disability, Cafeteria Plan, 13 paid Holidays, 10 hours annual leave monthly, 10 hours sick leave monthly, Direct deposit, SELF program, Tuition Reimbursement/Loan repayment options. State employees also receive discounts on products and services from various vendors, including cell phone plans and more.
What you'll do:
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and standards.
• Knowledge of pharmacology, therapeutic diets and nutrition, aseptic techniques, and other basic natural and social sciences necessary to provide professional nursing care.
• Ability to supervise, evaluate, and instruct professional and paraprofessional nursing staff.
• Ability to administer detailed therapeutic prescriptions under general professional supervision.
• Ability to observe, recognize, and identify deviations in the conditions of patients.
• Ability to assess patients with mental or physical illness and or developmental and physical disabilities, make nursing diagnoses, and formulate nursing care plans.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients, and their family members.
• Ability to work assigned schedule which may include a variety of shifts, weekends, holidays, and/or required overtime.
• Licensure as a Registered Nurse (A recent graduate of an accredited nursing program may practice as a graduate nurse until results of first licensure examination are received or until 90 days after graduation, whichever occurs first)
If you have questions about this position, please contact:
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.