Summary: The Supervisor oversees the operation of the Facilities Housekeeping and Engineering departments, assigning daily cleaning duties to team members and completing administrative tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned:
1. Responsible for the day to day Maintenance and Cleaning for the property.
2. Responsible for scheduling and supervising maintenance, grounds, and custodial employees.
3. Responsible for inventory control.
4. Implements and enforces policies and procedures.
5. Perform maintenance, grounds or custodial duties as needed.
6. Contributes to providing a safe, clean environment for guests and employees.
7. Responsible for material and equipment acquisition.
8. Communicates with the Facilities Manager regarding employee performance, training needs, or guest information.
9. Must be knowledgeable in the proper use of commercial cleaning chemicals, vacuums, pan brooms, mopping and proper sanitation of surfaces.
10. Able to understand SDS sheets and safety regulations.
11. Must maintain a knowledge of OSHA standards.
12. Maintain and understand compliance with federal and state local regulations.
13. Perform all job functions safely and responsibly.
Oversees the daily tasks of Custodial, Grounds, and Maintenance employees. Must be able to communicate well in all conditions and respond positively to guest or employee issues. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. All Employees must be knowledgeable of all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations. Must be at least 21 years of age.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required. Broad knowledge of organizational, communication, and supervision skills. Excellent customer and employee service skills are essential.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have a valid Driver License
• Must be able to communicate in English effectively.
• Advanced mathematical comprehension is required.
• Must have Microsoft Office experience.
The above job analysis is for the sole purpose of complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not to be construed to include all employees employed in each job classification. The Employer reserves the right to change the requirements of each job analysis as changes in business and/or technology dictate. All weights, distances, and measurements cited in this job analysis are approximations.